This year, just the themes I will be watching.
1. Commodities – For 2007 my focus will be more on water.
2. Mergers – a continuation of this trend. Bigger and Bolder and more egotistical than ever!
3. More IPO’s – I think entrepreneurs will show more balls this year and stop building to sell and start building to BE SOMEBODY! Update – Here is a recap of 2005 and 2006 IPO numbers.
4. Handheld Wars – NOT Music – Apple won that!
5. Internet – I will defer to Fred Wilson’s posts on 2007 themes. You should too.
6. Healthcare – This area of the stock market is sure to have some major winners. Sleep, Biotech, Infectious Disease. It would be great to see some major breakthroughs in 2007.
7. Inflation or Deflation – While that ridiculous debate continues that no one wins, I will focus on how can I make money off the areas of inflation and the areas of deflation in the global systems.
8. The Tapped Consumer – I am tapped. The average consumer is way past tapped. I am not shorting stocks, but I am tempted in stocks that are a play on the tapped consumer.
9. Porn – No explanation needed :) .
10. Broadband Internet Video. Yes – Fred is the internet guru in my eyes, but I feel I have some expertise here and there is likely to be some major busts and new winners in this space in 2007 and beyond.