It is a fun day for us at Stocktwits.com . We have been working really hard for 6 months thinking through the features and design that would make people that love talking about stocks in real-time go WOW. We are receiving some great feedback.
This tweet made my year from someone I have not ever met:
@MrOpportunistic : I love the new Stocktwits. It is like @howardlindzon took heaven and stocks and combined the too and out came this. Thank you so much.
I would add that it was mostly Chris, Soren, Phil, Justin, Shawn, Dustin, Leigh, Jeremy, and Tadas that have made the site features and design what it is today.
So – what are my favorite features?
1. We have expanded the ability for users to filter the stream. New users need to find the information they want fast. We now have equities/futures/options /forex/futures/suggested and many deeper segment within equities right at your fingertips.
2. You can now BLOCK people that you don’t want to hear so you DO NOT have to rely on just our taste. You can be your own Stocktwits moderator to continually improve your personal experience. Here is the link .
3. On Abnormal Returns today we launched threaded stories AND the ability for people to submit links to their posts or the posts/articles of others to help our algorithms and curators find the most timely and important market and stock related articles in real time.
4. POP OUT Stocktwits.tv is a cool way to experience our investing/trading channel. The button is on our main page. We are working hard towards EIGHT hours than 24 hours of original daily programming and the first true idea video network on the web.
5. Pop Out Streams. This is a great way to help you focus just on the streams that you need, especially great around earnings announcements and other news events.
I believe that the Stocktwits Desktop is the ultimate way to experience Stocktwits and Twitter together, but the web is my home for the most part and I am happy to have all the functionality that I had with Desktop even if the visual experience is a little different.
I put this short video together on Friday to help people see all the functionality of the new sites working together.
Here is a shorter version that Sunny put together with some key features and the sign up process:
There are A LOT of new features and goodies coming to make the experience better across many platforms. PLEASE, PLEASE let us know in the comments what we can do to keep making the features better and the community stronger.